Last modified: August 27, 2019
iCIMS, Inc. and iCIMS International, LLC ("iCIMS" or "Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you interact with us through the Website, (including without limitation, by requesting a demo, by applying for a position with the Company, or by posting a comment or materials to any blog or other interactive part of the Website) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website or any other application store or marketplace, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
iCIMS, Inc. and its subsidiary company iCIMS International, LLC recognize the importance of protecting and ensuring the integrity of Sensitive and Confidential Information, including Personal Data as defined by the European Union’s (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
iCIMS, Inc. and its subsidiary company iCIMS International, LLC also participate in and have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. iCIMS is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
iCIMS is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under GDPR and each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequent transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. iCIMS complies with GDPR and the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to GDPR, iCIMS is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the European Union (EU) in conjunction with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. For each Privacy Shield Framework, iCIMS is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain circumstances, iCIMS may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with GDPR and the Privacy Shield Principles, iCIMS commits to resolve complaints about our collection and use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our privacy practices should first contact iCIMS as provided below.
Attn: Privacy, Legal Department
101 Crawfords Corner Road, Suite 3-100
Holmdel, NJ 07733 USA
iCIMS commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU Data Protection authorities (DPAs) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable and comply with the advice given by the panel and/or Commissioner, as applicable with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU and/or Switzerland, as applicable in the context of the employment relationship.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. Additionally, if you believe that iCIMS is not processing your information in accordance with the requirements set forth herein or applicable European Economic Area (EEA) data protection and privacy laws, you may, at any time, lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority of the EEA country in which you reside or the supervisory authority of the country or state in which iCIMS has a registered seat.
Links to Third Party Websites
This Website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. Accordingly, we encourage users to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects your information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including the following:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, including without limitation information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including without limitation information that you provide by (1) filling in forms on our Website including without limitation information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, to view a demo of our services, or applying for a position with the Company, (2) subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services, (3) entering a contest or promotion sponsored by us, (4) reporting a problem with our Website, (5) responding to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, (6) performing search queries on the Website, or (7) or otherwise corresponding with us (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
User Data Supplementation
We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data. We then combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, to identify new customers, and to provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provide to us.
Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from third parties and combined with information we already have about you may include:
- Contact information about our customers, such as your business phone number or mailing address, so we can properly communicate with you and prevent fraud.
- Purchased marketing data about our customers from third parties, so we can combine it with information we already have about you to create a more tailored advertising experience.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Behavioral Re-targeting. We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note that will continue to receive generic ads. If you wish to prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics, you may use the opt-out browser add-on developed by Google for this purpose, as further described in applicable materials made publicly available by Google.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, including without limitation sharing it with third parties with products, services or positions that may be of interest to you.
We will process your personal information for the legitimate interests of iCIMS which do not override your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or, when needed, with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Other than specifically provided herein, we do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, or their or our successors or assigns.
- To our private equity investor, Vista Equity Partners, and its affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties, including Vista Consulting Group, which will process the personal information on the basis of its legitimate interests in overseeing the administration, research, and business operations of the iCIMS’ recruitment process.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (e.g., third-party hosting facilities) or third parties with products, services or positions that may be of interest to you, provided such parties provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required of the Company. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process such as to comply with a subpoena, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our use and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of iCIMS, Inc., our customers or others. This includes without limitation exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If iCIMS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Website, which will include any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by following instructions provided in the relevant email or form.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Upon written request iCIMS will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information, please contact us by visiting this link.
You can review, delete, and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page where applicable or otherwise by using this link to contact us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Rights of the Data Subject
If you are a European Union resident, under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have certain rights when it comes to the personal data you submit for marketing purposes to iCIMS. These rights include: 1) The right to be informed; 2) the right to access your information; 3) the right to correct any information that is inaccurate; 4) the right to correct any information that is inaccurate; 5) the right to have your information erased; 6) the right to restrict or suppress information; 7) the right to obtain and reuse their personal information for their own purposes across different services; 8) the right to object to the processing of their personal information; and 9) the right to object to how your data is used in automated decision making.
If you wish to enact your rights, please contact us by visiting this link. Within the subject of the email please indicate that you are enacting a data subject right. Additionally, within in the email please indicate the specific data subject right you wish to enact and if discernable how you provided the information to iCIMS. If you wish to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, please contact that authority directly.
We will retain your information for as long as long as your account is active; as needed to provide you products or services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
Transmission of Your Information
By submitting your information to the Company, you acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of your information, may involve, (a) transmissions over various networks, including the transfer of this information to the United States and/or other countries for storage, processing and use by the Company, its affiliates, and their agents; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, you agree to permit such parties to make such transmissions and changes.
iCIMS is committed to protecting the information you provide us. iCIMS implements and maintains administrative, physical, and technical safeguards reasonably designed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or
disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website you can contact us at
Social Media Widgets
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about a job opening and/or about our products, we will ask you for your friend’s name, phone number, and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Website. iCIMS stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us by visiting this link to request that we remove this information from our database.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by visiting this link link.
Service Platform Policy
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the subscriber has engaged iCIMS.
iCIMS collects information under the direction of its subscribers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our subscribers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our subscribers that use our service, please contact the subscriber that helps us provide our service. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our subscribers.
iCIMS acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. iCIMS has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to iCIMS’s subscriber (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
- We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our subscribers the Company retains data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected or as required under applicable law. iCIMS will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.